TALLAHASSEE, FL – Crews with the Tallahassee Fire Department put out a fire at an apartment complex on Midyette Road Wednesday night.

Firefighters were dispatched to an apartment complex in the 2000 block of Midyette Road just before 9:00 p.m.

TFD says firefighters found smoke coming from one of the units. Crews extinguished the blaze while additional firefighters searched the apartment and evacuated other units.

TFD says no one was inside the apartment when the fire started, and no injuries were reported at the scene.

The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking. Damage to the apartment is estimated at $30,000.

The American Red Cross is assisting one person who was displaced by the fire.